Equipment and Devices Committee – Southern Division
National Fire Sprinkler Association, Inc.
El Segundo Fire Department
314 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Through working relationships with the California State Fire Marshals Office and their respective advisory committees, NFPA, and various industry stakeholders, the Equipment and Devices Committee focuses on issues related to fire protection equipment and also the development of future Codes and Standards as they relate to Fire Prevention, the Equipment and Devices Commitee
The FPED committee’s continuous objectives include:
- Development and implemention of comprehensive programs to assit the Fire Service in plan review and inspection of fire protection systems.
- Active participation with stakeholders in reviewing legislation as assigned and offering constructive feedback and recommendations for support/opposition to the Executive Board.
- Monitor NFPA 13, 13R, and 13D and assist in training for the fire service.
- Review NFPA 70 and develop comments/amendments for state adoption.
- Soliciting FPO group and CSFM for continued representation on advisory committees.
- Soliciting FPO’s for new committee members.