Chief Gray contributed his time and talents to the betterment of the Association by promoting fire and life safety through code development processes and throughout the community. As a tribute to his dedicated service, the Charles H. Gray Memorial Fund Service Award and Scholarship program was established. The goal of the fund is to promote, recognize and foster dedicated service in the field of Fire Prevention. An annual award is granted to recognize a person who has exemplified the aforementioned goals. Additional awards, scholarships, and grants are conferred as deemed appropriate by the Charles H. Gray Memorial Board of Directors.
Scholarships and grants are available through an application process. Successful proposals are ones that best meet the intent and guidelines of the foundation.
Proposals are accepted postmarked no later than December 31 annually. Scholarships and grants are awarded in March. To download an application, click here. For information contact:
Charles H. Gray Memorial Fund
c/o Morgana Yahnke, UC Davis Campus Fire Marshal
229 Hoagland Hall, One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Fax: (530) 754-8184
Email: [email protected]
1. How is someone nominated for the Charlie Gray Service Award?
- In November of each year, written nominations for the NOR-CAL award are solicited from the general membership. The Board of Directors then selects a recipient or recipients for formal presentation during the month of January.
2. Who is eligible to receive a Charlie Gray Scholarship or grant?
- Scholarships are awarded to a resident(s) of Northern California (All counties north of Kern and San Luis Obispo Counties and west of Mono and Inyo counties) whose educational endeavor is in the area of public fire education or fire safety.
3. When are scholarship awards given out?
- Applications are accepted from June 1st until the end of December 31st each year. Awards are conferred by March 31st of the following year.